Do you have an exciting idea for a project or activity about parliamentary democracy that could take place in Derby North?
The Speaker's Art Fund has invited MPs across the country to nominate local constituency arts and educational projects for a £500 small grant. The 'Democracy for All' initiative is looking to fund an exciting idea that has a focus on increasing the understanding of Parliamentary democracy in its local area and across the UK.
As your local MP for Derby North, I am passionate about supporting local arts groups and educational organisations in their various activities, so I am delighted to invite anyone in my constituency to apply to be my nomination for this grant.
On this webpage you can download a word document which is a brief application form to be put forward as Derby North's nomination for this grant. Once you've completed this form, please email to email@example.com.
Please note the deadline for putting forward your project or activity to be our local nomination is Thursday 4th January 2024 at 10:00am.
Some of the possible activities that this funding could be used for includes (but is not limited to):
- Heritage projects, including working with local libraries and archives
- Filmmaking and film screening
- Digital art
- Literature and reading groups
- Cultural events and festivals
- creative writing
- faith based activities
- Supporting UK Parliament Week
If you are looking to fund a specific project, here are just a few of the costs that the grant can contribute to:
- coordination costs
- hiring space for exhibitions, meetings or classes
- marketing costs—printing and distribution
- training costs
- volunteer expenses
- travel costs
- staff costs
- hiring equipment
- running costs
Before you apply, please take some time to read through the important details below to make sure that you can get the most out of this grant.
There are some important eligibility requirements that your application must meet in order to be considered:
- You must represent or be part of an informal or formal organisation;
- You must be an individual living in or an organisation operating in Derby North;
- You must have a UK bank account with two unrelated signatories or be able to nominate an organisation that can accept a grant on your behalf (you don’t have to be formally constituted or a registered charity)
- You cannot apply if you are:
- a business or ‘for profit’ organisation
- a local office of larger regional or national organisations/charities
- under the age of 18
- a political party
The grant cannot be used for the following:
- activities taking place outside of the constituency
- activities that have already taken place
- activities that will take place within six weeks of your application being submitted
- general overheads not related to the delivery of your project
- profit-making activities or projects
- fundraising activities or challenges
- activities which collect funds for other charities or people
- support for tuition fees or activity linked to an individual’s formal studies such as a degree or apprenticeship
The full terms and conditions of this initiative are available to download below.